The Consortium for Development Policy Research (CDPR) in collaboration with Sustainable Energy and Economic Development (SEED) and International Growth Centre (IGC) organized a series of webinars on urban development, the first of which was on, “Stimulating the Urban Economy in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa”. This session was held on Monday, June 21st from 5:30 pm to 7.00 pm (PST).
This webinar brought together senior policymakers and international experts to highlight cross-country learnings, global best practices, and provincial experience from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, that focuses on the economic role of cities as drivers of growth. The discussion provided an overview of the state of urbanization in KP, highlight bottlenecks to sustainable and inclusive economic growth in cities and discussed broad policy recommendations for the KP government. The policy talk targeted a diverse audience that included bureaucrats, students, members of civil society organizations, journalists, and academics.
The panelists for this webinar include:
• Mr. Adeel Shah – Executive Director of Urban Policy Unit, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
• Dr. Ammar A Malik – Senior Research Fellow, Evidence for Policy Design, Harvard University
• Mr. Hasaan Khawar -Team Leader, Sustainable Energy and Economic Development (SEED) Programme in KP
• Ms. Victoria Delbridge – Head of the International Growth Centre’s Cities that Work initiative
• Dr. Ijaz Nabi, Chairperson CDPR and Country Director IGC Pakistan
The webinar was moderated by Dr. Reehana Raza, Board Member at CDPR and Senior Research Associate at Urban Institute.